Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Friday 11 March 2011

Read, Review, Recommend (7)

Today Cicely from Cicely Loves Books will be sharing a review of Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton today! Cicely is an absolute sweetheart and has an awesome blog. Go check her out!


----------------------------



First of all, thank you so much Alice for having me! So today I’m going to fangirl review Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. I read this book in November thanks to the lovely netgalley and completely fell in love. This book is so different from all the other YA books I’ve read in a while, and for one reason. Ellie.

I don’t know about you, but at the time I read Angelfire, I’d just read a whole load of typical Paranormal books (which don’t get me wrong, I love) but the female leads are such wet blankets most of the time. I don’t really like girls who are too reliant on boys. Girl, you can look after yourself, without needing an overprotective/creepy Vampire/Werewolf/Ghost/Angel/Merman/Leprechaun/Whatever to look after you. But Ellie is kick-butt. Despite her initial apprehension about being the Preliator (the person who destroys all the bad guys [reapers]) , she is still awesome. Plus I want me some of them Khopesh swords, ‘cause they rock. The action scenes in this book are pretty. Damn. Epic.

And if all the awesome kick-buttness doesn’t convince you to read, then surely Will will. Will is Ellie’s gorgeous Guardian, helping her to fight off all of the evil Reapers that want to destroy her and, well, the world. Have I told you how amazing Will is yet? Well he is. Oh, and his eyes… It doesn’t matter that he’s not even real, his eyes are just… amazing. Everything about Will is amazing. Amazing is the only descriptive word I can think of for him. It just sums him up so well…

So yeah, if you want to read a book with a kick ass heroine, a sexy Guardian and a whole load of action, then this is the perfect book for you. Or even if you don’t, I still think you should read this book. Because it is awesome. That is all.
Thank you again for letting me fangirl on your blog Alice :D

---------

You are more than welcome Cicely! It was lovely having you! I know that this is a book I REALLY want to read and your review has just got me that much more excited! Go check out Cicely Loves Books now!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...