Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Tuesday 1 March 2011

The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker

      The Liar Society (The Liar Society, #1)Title: The Liar Society
Author: Lisa & Laura Roecker
Pages: 358
Publisher: Source Books
Format: arc paperback
Release Date: March 1st 2011
Source: For Review (thank you :D )
Rating: 4 out 5 stars





Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure. 



To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu 

Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM 

From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu 

Subject: (no subject) 



Kate, 

I'm here… 

sort of. 

Find Cameron. 
He knows. 
I shouldn't be writing. 
Don't tell. 
They'll hurt you. 



Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...



My immediate reaction when I first this I was like "Pretty Little Liars rip off". I formally take it back. I am so sorry! It was all about the mystery and finding the killer of her best friend, trying to achieve justice.


The plot was jam packed. It was a little slow to start but once it hit 100 pages it had be gasping and additively reading! Not much was happening to start with and the clues were few and far between and they didn't make much sense. When the clues started to come together everything got more exciting because it seemed so close yet so far away.


Kate was a great character. I could empathise with her and whilst she was greiving, she wasn't whiny, annoying or depressed. It was a nice change. She is the type of girl I would want as my friend.


Her two knights in not so shining armour were great too. I loved Liam and his swoon worthiness and he was just a great character. He also didn't feel randomly thrown in there, I felt like he had a purpose. Seth was definitely in there for the comedy factor. He was hilarious and always making me laugh.


The characters were just generally great and I really like Taylor and her posse. Again, they felt deliberately placed instead of just thrown in for the sake of it. it annoys me when characters have no purpose!


The writing style was good and it felt like it was a teenager narrating through it which was great. It flowed nicely and whilst it was exceptional it was good none the less.


The ending was great. It took me completely by surprise and I was like....."WHAT!" It definitely wasn't clear cut and I understood why the plot had to be so complex. the ending definitely warranted the extra star!


Overall it was a really fun read and if you are into mystery, romance and swoonworthy boys then this is for you!





A lot of you showed interest in seeing some video reviews so I have done one for The Liar Society. It is my first video review so excuse it being awful :)


4 out of 5 stars



7 comments:

  1. Mystery? Romance? Swoonworthy boys?! Count me in! Great review. Sounds like something I'm going to love. Kate sounds like a fab character! And I have a feeling I'll struggle to choose between Liam and Seth. I like my boys as funny as they are swoonworthy. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! You have me so curious about the ending now! MUST GET A COPY! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. cicely: Haha! It is definitely your kind of book! haha. Thanks :) You like all types of guys LOL :P

    Small Review: Thanks :) You must, you must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Alice. My purse is not your friend. I'm going to have to buy this now! LOL. Great review and i loved the vlog review :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I would say I'm sorry but I'm not really :P Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you liked the book! I'm definitely going to have to pick this one up. :)

    Also--love the video review! It felt very well thought out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome :) You should! It is a great read.

    You are so sweet Lauren! I can promise you it was definitely NOT thought out. I was just rambling. Took me about 5 takes :P Thank you though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...