Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Monday 7 March 2011

Cover Crazy/ Mouth Watering Monday: Wintergirls


Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

US

Stunning! It definitely captures the essence of the book for me. What what I have been on people's IMM it is covered in shiny too!

I like:
  • The title font
  • The image.
  • The fact that we only see one eye
  • How symbolic it is
I dislike:
  • The font of "Laurie Halse Anderson"
1/2

4.5 Stars

UK

I don't even really want to talk about this one. It feels like a cop out. The words are very important but having them as the title didn't appeal to me.

I like:
  • The font of the title.
I dislike:
  • Having the text as the cover
  • not symbolism 
  • the colour scheme (doesn't fit the book at all)


2 Stars



What do you think of these covers?

11 comments:

  1. I agree--the US cover is way better! I love the ice overlay.
    I can see what the UK cover designers were trying to do with it (make the colors and short sentences jump out at people), but I honestly wouldn't pick the book up based on that cover alone. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! The ice is great. I wouldn't pick up by the UK book either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first cover. I read the book and it just fits with the story line. I almost shiver when I look at it. The title font is beautiful.

    Sorry, the second one just falls flat for me. Uggg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished it and I completely agree! The title font is stunning!

    Me too :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. l dislike the font at the bottom too. Doesn't go with the font of the title. I like this but also unsure about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel it is very harsh compared to the softness and delicate nature of the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first one for sure. It's symbolic, a wonderful cover for an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the US cover by far.
    Its so gorgeous!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree and unfortunately my copy has the bottom cover :( But hey, I'm glad it's the same story inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! I have the uk cover. I am hoping to get the US cover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with the cover font and the font inside the book as well <3 I love the book as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...