Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

     Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)    

Title: Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush #2
Pages: 427
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: October 14th 2010 (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4 stars


Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar. 

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something. 

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.





Crescendo was a pleasant surprise for me. I enjoyed Hush, Hush but it didn't live up to the hype for me. Crescendo, however, was a lot more enjoyable.

I found the plot captivating and quick paced. It was full of mystery and suspense and I loved that.

Patch was more appealing to me in Crescendo. He wasn't perfect but he felt less creepy for sure. Nora was a little annoying at times but I generally liked her.

All in all I thought Crescendo was a better read than Hush, Hush. A quick read with lots of twists and turns!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...