Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Tuesday 3 January 2012

End of Year Survery 2011



1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

Bumped by Megan McCafferty and There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff



I literally adored the premise of both of these books, mainly from an ethical point of view and they both fell short unfortunately.  

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles 



I bought this book and it sat on my shelf for ages. I didn't expect much but it blew me away!

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Divergent by Veronica Roth


I have lent this book to 3 or 4 of my friends and they all loved it. I felt accomplished in book recommendations this year!

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

I don't think I've read any series (other than the first book) that really stood out but some series I am DYING to continue are:



Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

Across The Universe by Beth Revis
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Kody Keplinger



If her name is on it, I'll buy it!

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

I haven't really read historical fiction before but Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys melted my heart. I also read a lot more paranormal that is out of my comfort zone - Die for Me by Amy Plum was a great read in that genre.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Divergent by Veronica Roth (a pattern, no?)
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles  


9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

A little disappointing but still enjoyable

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

Past Perfect

Past Perfect by Leila Sales - The book is amazing too!



11. Most memorable character in 2011? 

 Evie from Paranormalcy I think (I'm terrible at these questions)

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 



The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 


16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 
Divergent by Veronica Roth

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 

Divergent (FOUR!), Perfect Chemistry (THE STEAMINESS), Across The Universe (THE ENDING!)

 Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011? 

Hmm, this is so tough. I don't think I could choose. Cicely Loves Books and Cheezyfeet Books are wonderful blogs and are run by wonderful people :)

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2011? 
It ties between The DUFF by Kody Keplinger and Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. I really enjoyed writing both of these as I loved the books so much.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog? 

I love doing discussion posts and earlier in the year I did a lot and they seemed really popular. The one I most enjoyed was discussions about book hype but I got 42 comments on hardback vs paperback.

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? 


I totally suck but I can't think of any at the moment! If you have any recommendations for this please let me know!!!

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone blogger event was great. I met Bella from Cheezyfeet Books and saw Casey and Hayley from Dark Readers and many other great bloggers. It was so much fun!

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?

Wow, this is tough. There have been so many great moments. My 1st blogoversary was an amazing accomplishment. Getting to know other bloggers was great.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My Pretty Little Liars review got the most page views. As for comments I think it is my 
hardback vs paperback discussion post.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

 I think I would like any post to get more love. So much hard work is put into the blog that it is nice for everything to be appreciated. I'd probably like some more love on the reviews that have no comments.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Audiobooks are fabulous. I have never listened to them before but I am definitely on the bandwagon now!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Probably the debut author challenge. To be honest I didn't focus on challenges, I just read. 
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?

Reading some of my own books. I buy many great ones and they seem to get forgotten as review copies take priority. I also want to read some adult books too.

2 comments:

  1. Great answers !!
    I loved Divergent and Perfect Chemistry !! The second and third book of the Fuentes Brothers series are good but I liked the first one best :) !! I can't wait to read Insurgent too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diivergent, Divergent! Forgive the Divergent chant, but I simply loved this book so much. Glad you,too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...