Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {8}


      Getting Over Garrett Delaney

Title: Getting Over Garrett Delaney
Author: Abby McDonald
Series: Standalone
Pages: 336
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Release Date: January 24th 2012


Can a twelve-step program help Sadie kick her unrequited crush for good? Abby McDonald serves up 
her trademark wit and wisdom in a hilarious new novel.

Seventeen-year-old Sadie is in love: epic, heartfelt, and utterly onesided. The object of her obsession - ahem, affection - is her best friend, Garrett Delaney, who has been oblivious to Sadie's feelings ever since he sauntered into her life and wowed her with his passion for Proust (not to mention his deep-blue eyes). 
For two long, painful years, Sadie has been Garrett's constant companion, sharing his taste in everything from tragic Russian literature to art films to '80s indie rock- all to no avail. 

But when Garrett leaves for a summer literary retreat, Sadie is sure that the absence will make his heart grow fonder - until he calls to say he's fallen in love. With some other girl! A 
heartbroken Sadie realizes that she's finally had enough. It's time for total Garrett detox! Aided by a barista job, an eclectic crew of new friends (including the hunky chef, Josh), and a customized selfhelp guide, Sadie embarks on a summer of personal reinvention full of laughter, mortifying meltdowns, and a double shot of love.


I'm in love. No, really. These are my kind of books. Things don't begin perfect. There is a growth in the book as the character either learns to accept that she cannot be with who she wants, find someone else or somehow convince the boy she loves that he loves her too. So many possibilities. I am so excited to read this one!

9 comments:

  1. Love the sounds of this book! The cover looks pretty too! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some contemps, looking forward on reading this book ;) Great pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One book I'm waiting for,too. It's on my list for the YA Contemporary 2012 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one - sounds cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds like such an awesome read! I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist for 2012! I agree, I love when a character grows throughout a book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Book on a book cover. interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks interesting. Such a cute, short little read. I'm most definitely reading this in 2012. Plus, the cover is so cute and simple. Goes along with the title a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...