Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Monday 26 September 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

     Anna and the French Kiss




Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Standalone
Pages: 372
Publisher: Dutton 
Release Date: December 2nd 2010 (US)
Source: Bought
Rating: 5 stars


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?



Anna and the French Kiss is everything I look for in a romance. Stephanie Perkins sure knows how to write and capture that in between stage of romance.

The writing is pure magic. Stephanie just has this way with words. The narration throughout the novel is so relatable and personal that you can’t help but be pulled in.

Anna is an incredible protagonist. Étienne is an incredible romantic interest. They have incredible chemistry. The sexual tension created is like none other. Basically, everything is amazing.

I don’t think I can say much more or I will just be gushing. Read it. I read it in one sitting. It. Is. Incredible.

6 comments:

  1. The writing IS magic. I absolutely loved Anna and I can't wait to get my hands on Lola. Glad you liked it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS SO INCREDIBLE! And Lola comes out so soon! *squeals* I love this book too much... Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS BOOK! :) I'm so glad to hear that you did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this recently because of all the amazing reviews. I'm hoping I like it as much as everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing? Glad you loved this you can't beat Stephanie Perkins at the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Perkins does an amazing job of writing characters that are authentic. They aren't perfect but we love them anyway (Well, at least we love the nice ones! Nobody likes Amanda!) Anna's neatness and St. Clair's thing about heights only make them more endearing. Not that they needed it... seriously? They may be two of my favorite characters ever. I mean, I didn't write my name with St. Clair's surrounded by hearts or anything. Really. I didn't. ***runs to hide notebook*** But seriously. ALL of the characters are well written. As the reader I felt like I knew them. They weren't just place holders or obligatory additions to show the school actually had students.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...