Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Monday 8 November 2010

TBR Pile (1)

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a never ending to be read pile that increases daily, so I thought I would share with you a few books each week that are in my to be read pile. So here are some of the books in mine :)


Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman

First off I think I need to tell you how much I am in love with Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses series. I read it when I was about 13 and I just couldn't get over how amazing it was. It was a battle of racism as well as an epic love story. I haven't read the fourth book (I got it for Christmas and it has gone walkies. No where to be seen. Magic I tell you)

I am not crazy about the cover but the plot looks great. It is about a boy who is about to start his life as an adult, going to university etc. when his ex girlfriend turns up with his baby. It looks very interesting and I am sure Malorie Blackman will have written another amazing book.

goodreads or amazon

Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe

I can't say that I know too much about this book. I love the cover and I also love the fact it is written by a sixteen year old. It is her debut novel so I am really interested to see how she will do.

From what I gather it is about a terminally ill boy with a sick mother who tries to kill himself. However he is saved by a girl (hence the title) and they fall in love. It sounds very sweet whilst not being overly go. I'm excited to see how it will turn out.

goodreads or amazon






The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

I love this cover too (can you tell I'm a sucker for a good cover?) The book is about a geeky girl who loses her confident older sister. She has to take control of her life instead of living in her sister's shadow as she did before. She struggles with the new territory of boys and romance. It looks like an absolutely beautiful book about love and loss and being comfortable in your own skin.


goodreads or amazon






Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie

I actually met Sophie McKenzie a few years back at my school. From what I remember she was lovely and very interesting. She signed by girl, missing book. Anyway Blood Ties is about a boy, Theo, who finds out the father he thought was dead since his birth is actually alive and goes off to find him. On the way he meets Rachel who also has family issues. They get attacked my an organisation and are then rescued by strangers which leads to the answers to some questions and finding about who they really are. A bit of a thriller, sounds like fun and I loved Girl, Missing so I am excited to read this soon.

goodreads or amazon




Well that is all for now. My workload for school is insane. Whoever thought having science essays was a good idea is mentally unstable. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...