Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Sunday 21 November 2010

In My Mailbox (4)

Hey fellow readers :) Sunday again. I hope you all had a great week. Time for In My Mailbox (hosted by The Story Siren). I didn't buy again this week *cries* because I'm trying to save money so I visited the library instead! I never knew my library had good books, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm still reading Beautiful Creatures (slow I know, but my school work load has been intense. Further Maths + Hamlet essay + 2 biology essay = no time for reading) but I am loving it so I hope to finish it by next Sunday (fingers crossed). Enough of the waffling, time for the books xD


Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld


Very excited. I read the Uglies series and loved it (didn't like specials though so I might try that again and get onto the forth one). The cover of the book is fabulous, though my library didn't have this pretty cover :( Anyway, I'm very excited to read it :)


goodreads or amazon






Evermore by Alyson Noel 




This is the first in the immortal series and I'm very excited to read it. I've heard some great thing, and some not so great things about it so I'm interested to see if I will like it or not. If any of you have read it I'd love to know what you think!


Goodreads or amazon



So that is what I got from the library this week. What did you get in your mailbox?

P.S OMFG I'M SEEING HARRY POTTER TODAY. Sorry, I'm insanely excited. I cannot believe it is the penultimate film. It will all be over soon - no more Harry Potter. It seems so wrong. But anyway, I needed to get it out. EEK!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Hey nice mailbox. I liked Evermore and still need to read the sequels.Enjoy your books and of course Harry Potter, too:D
    Here is my Mailbox

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway, ending on Nov 30th and open internationally, here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I hope I like it. Thanks, I know I'll enjoy Harry Potter, just because it is Harry Potter!!! You have some great books for IMM too. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Scott's book "Uglies". :) I really do like the cover of this series, and I need to finish the Uglies series, since the first book cost $16 at my local shop. :/ I think I'll get the rest of them online, since they're like $9 each on TBD.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is definitely very original and creative. Books are definitely much cheaper online :) Can I just tell you how jealous I am of you insanely fabulous IMM. You are one lucky blogger xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is epic! I loved it, and I wanna go watch it again *cries* Is the DVD out yet?

    Nice books you got from the library! I want to try Evermore too, I'll check back for your review :)

    Good luck with your school work load!

    My In My Mailbox can be found here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm so excited. I can just tell it is going to be amazing xD

    Thanks :) I'll definitely post a review when I get around to read it. You've got some good books too. I've heard good thing about the Night World Series, so I hope you enjoy them.

    Thanks, I shall definitely need it. One essay down, two to go :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those books look good. I really liked Scott Westerfeld's Peeps. I have the Immortals series on my TBR, but I'm not sure what to think of them given all the mixed reviews. I look forward to reading your review on it.

    And *yay* for Harry Potter! I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's really good and faithful to the book.


    Here's my Mailbox I also have all library books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am "dying" to read both of those books! I hope you enjoy them!

    Happy Reading,
    Zakiya - My IMM this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the Immortals series. I have to say that Evermore was probably my favorite out of the 4! I hope you love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Small Review: That is exactly how I felt about the immortals series but as I borrowed it and didn't buy it I thought it would be worth a try. and OMFG Harry Potter was ah-mazing. I can't get over how good it was. Definitely very true to the book which I loved!

    Zakiya Ladywings: Thanks :) and thank you for the comment. I left a comment on your IMM too :)

    Katie: I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really hope I like them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the follow. I left a comment on your first IMM, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alice! Great books! I abso LOVE Scott Westerfeld! I met him a few weeks ago and he signed every one of my books! He's awesome! I hope you like Leviathan. I have it and Behemoth but waiting to read them until Goliath comes out.
    As far as the Uglies. I really liked the first 3. Didn't care for the Extras and actually Scott said that, that book wasn't initally planned to be in the Uglies trilogy. hmm. ;)

    Enjoy your goodies and the holiday week with friends and fam! I'll be taking my daughter to see Harry Potter as well! YAY!
    -Lady Reader

    Come by Attack of the Book and check out our IMM:
    http://attackofthebook.com/2010/11/21/imm-5/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey :) Thanks. Can I admit that I'm a little (okay, a lot) jealous. He really does sound awesome. I think this is a good excuse to re-read the series as I haven't read them since I was about 13.

    Thanks, you too :) It was fricking amazing so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did xD. I also left a comment on your IMM, I definitely need to read Ellen Hopkin's books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a new follower !! I have already read Evermore and I liked it, I have to buy the following book in the series now !! Happy reading !! Here's my IMM : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the follow:) I'm glad you liked it, I hope I enjoy it. I'm going to go check out your IMM now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...