Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Friday 4 February 2011

Read, Review, Recommend (5)

This week Katie from Call Me Crazy YA Book Reviews will be posting a guest review on my blog. She is an absolute sweetheart. She has great taste in books as well as music and just all round lovely. She will be sharing a review of Delirium with you today which was just released a few days ago!


-------------------------------------------------------



Delirium by Lauren Oliver
February 1, 2011

There's been so much positive buzz surrounding Lauren Oliver's latest release, Delirium, that I jumped at the advanced reader's copy. I started this book the night I was approved for the galley and finished shorty after. I was only a couple sentences into Delirium when I knew that this book was going to be absolutely amazing.

Lauren Oliver's writing is genius. It's extremely powerful and focused on emotions. I found myself having to wipe my eyes multiple times during this book. Her descriptions are flawless and the character development is perfection. It was so easy to get lost in Lena's world and put yourself in her shoes. Delirium has everything I could possibly ask for in a book: action, romance, friendship and adventure.

I completely adored Lena. At first I was a little annoyed at how set in her ways she was, but when she started to open her eyes to all the possibilities is when I really appreciated her. There's a Lena in all of us. She's a little lost, a tad rebellious and completely courageous. Lena is a breath of fresh air to the young adult genre.

Alex. What can I say about Alex other than he was perfect? I guess I could say Alex was just what Lena needed. He opened her eyes to such an amazing new world. He was funny, strong and an amazing listener. Then there's Hana, Lena's best friend, who is quirky and fiercely protective. I feel as if these characters' were a part of me. I became so close to each of them while reading Delirium.

The ending... Oh my goodness the ending! I definitely did not see it coming at all! It was the perfect lead in for Pandemonium, which I cannot be released soon enough!

Amazing Quote:
"I have a secret. It will kill me. And I don't care."

Characters: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5
Voice: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Impact: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

Note: This book deserves way more than only 5 stars! Delirium is on a whole other level than anything I've ever read. By far my favorite book of all time.

My Recommendation: You *need* to read this book as soon as you can. 
Delirium is a true masterpiece. 
Lauren Oliver is one of the greatest writers of our time. You would be absolutely crazy not to pick up this writing masterpiece. I could go on forever will all the positive things to say about this book. You'll laugh, cry and discover some things about yourself along the way. Delirium will be released on February 1, 2011. The first thing anyone should do on this date is head to a bookstore and buy this book... along with a box of tissues.

--------------------------------------

What a great review! I have had Delirium on my To Read Pile for a while now but this makes me want to go out and buy it straight away! Make sure you check out Katie's blog Call Me Crazy YA Book Reviews. You won't regret it :)

2 comments:

  1. Would you say this is as good as Before I Fall? It's nice to see a paranormal romance that really gets at your emotions. Most are so focused on action of heart-stopping romance. I like a good cry now and then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Before I Fall, but it's absolutely amazing! My blogger friend read both and loved Delirium slightly better. Yes! Crying is always fun sometimes when reading! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...