Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Monday 31 January 2011

Cover Crazy/Mouth Watering Monday: The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff






US

I instantly loved this cover. it was dark and haunting and creepy, yet beautiful. It is definitely eye-catching and stayed imprinted in my mind for a while after seeing it.

I like:
  • The old fashioned pram. It is gorgeous and brings some beauty to the cover.
  • The knives and scissors hanging over the pram. Very creepy.
  • The font and colour. Very eye-catching!

I don't like:
  • You know what? I have no idea! I do love it but I also know that it is not the best cover I have ever seen. I just have no idea why!


UK

It is just all wrong for me. It makes the book look bad and it just has no relevance.


I like:
  • The font is quite nice. It is raised on the cover and feels nice.
  • The background behind the boy looks eerie.

I don't like:
  • The boy just standing there like he is a model. No relevance. 
  • I cannot pinpoint why I dislike it greatly. It just doesn't work for me.


So which cover do you like best? Do you think they are relevant to the story? Share your thoughts with me!


9 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The US cover wins for me. The UK cover seems very.. posed and almost awkward. I do like to woods background for the UK cover though. Add that to the background for the US cover and it would be magical. Did that make any sense?
    I haven't read The Replacement, but it's on the TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the US cover much better, and it intrigues me much much more than the UK cover. If I saw both in the bookstore, I would probably want to read the US one more, just by the cover. I've been wanting to read The Replacement for quite some time now, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the first one is my FAVE! It made me want to read the book so badly. The second cover, not so much. If I'd seen that cover I'm sure I wouldn't have gave the book a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Night Owl: I thought the exact thing about the UK. Very forced and unnatural. The woods are the only good bit. I get you.

    T.B.: I don't think I would have picked up the UK based on cover. It just does nothing for me. Read it soon :)

    Gina: The first definitely got me initially excited. I agree. I think they should have had the same cover in the US and UK. Better sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so different - and I totally agree! We have the UK cover here in Australia and it's just so bland and .... nothing.

    Thanks for participating :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely very bland.

    No problem! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree! I mentioned similar things when I reviewed these covers. Ugh, you're so right about the UK cover looking forced. He looks like a bored model waiting for the photo shoot to be over. No relation to the book and nothing that separates it from any other paranormal book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He definitely looks very bored and just placed there. No real purpose. It is a very basic, boring cover in my opinion. Not bad but definitely not good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gabriella Naylor5 March 2011 at 22:11

    Your all stupid.. It portraits who he is in the book.. muscular.. blonde.. dark and mysterious. You lot may like the old pram scene but it doesnt show wwho its about this does, or what its about the UK version of the cover is alot better than an old pram!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...