Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Saturday 19 May 2012

Review: The Look

   The Look


Title: The Look
Author: Sophia Bennett
Series: None
Pages: 336
Publisher: Chicken House
Release Date: Released (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4.5 stars
100 Book challenge: #24



When Ted is spotted by a model agency, she can’t believe it. At the same time her gorgeous sister, Ava, is diagnosed with cancer. With her world turned upside down, Ted has a lot of growing up to do, some of it in five-inch platforms. Can she be a supermodel and a super sister? Or will she have to choose between fame and family?

The Look was a fabulously written novel that seamlessly combined the world of modelling and the effect cancer can have on a family. The cover may be pretty and pink but the book is so much grittier and deeper and much much better.

Ted is definitely not a typical model but she is tall and a little unusual which makes her perfect for high fashion editorial modelling. Now I am by no means an expert on modelling but I adore America's Next Top Model so I pretend to know things. The depiction of the modelling world was done incredibly well and I was so fascinated by it.


When I read the summary I did wonder if it would be about a bratty girl wanting attention with modelling because her sister was sick but it actual fact it is so much more selfless than that. Ava was so encouraging and supportive and the love between the two of them is so inspirational and beautiful to read about.

The novel was pretty incredible. It has a wonderful family dynamic and the relationship Ted and Ava shared was just so moving. Bennett did a beautiful job of combining modelling and family life as well as dealing with the cancer subject. Beautifully done and highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I loved this too and defintiely recomend it to everyone too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...