Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Saturday 14 April 2012

Review: Fins are Forever


Title: Fins are Forever
Author: Tera Lynn Childa
Series: Fins #2
Pages: 304
Publisher: Templar publishing
Release Date: April 1st 2012 (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4 stars
100 Book challenge: #28



On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mer girl, true, but signing the renunciation paperwork will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being human thing once and for all. 

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer-bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form, when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody? 

The seafoam on the surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up. Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her dreams?


There will be spoilers for Forgive My Fins


Fins are Forever as well as the first in the series, Forgive My Fins, is a really fun, light read that shouldn't be taken too seriously. It is like watching a Disney movie. It is not deeply life-changing and doesn't make you come away a better person but who cares? It is just so much fun. Fins are Forever didn't quite live up to Forgive My Fins but it was still an enjoyable read.


One word I would use to sum up Fins are Forever is DRAMA. There was a lot going on so the plot never got boring. There are trials and tribulations. There are annoying cousins to contend with (annoying cousins that want to screw you over). Life is most certainly not easy for dear old Lily.

Lily and Quince were still very cute. Quince is so sweet and sensitive and it obvious how much he cares for Lily. Lily is obviously smitten with Quince but she has a lot on her plate and that can make things a little shaky. I really liked Lily in this book and found her to have matured a lot since Forgive my Fins.

I really enjoyed reading Fins are Forever and I cannot wait to see how the series ends. If you are looking for something light, quick and fun make sure you pick this one up.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this series. Definitely good fun and very cute. Bring on book 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaids plus Quince/Lily and I'm SO DOWN for this book. I've been wanting to begin this series FOR THE LONGEST. It's kind of insane, how badly I want to read this. An adorable romance, light-hearted plot, some drama, and the fact that, again, THIS ABOUT MERMAIDS, and I don't see how this series could do me wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...