Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Monday 29 August 2011

Weekly Recap

Hello readers. It has been a long while since I have been on and I apologise for that. Summer has been crazy with work experience, holiday, exam results and school work. I am officially back now and I thought doing a weekly two month recap would be a good place to start.


Finished in July:


  • There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff
  • Fury by Elizabeth Miles
  • Torment by Lauren Kate
  • Rockaholic by CJ Skuse
  • Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala (audiobook)
  • Brother/Sister by Sean Olin


Finished in August:

  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  • Fat Cat by Robin Brande
  • Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S King
  • Split by Swati Avasthi
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  • Flawless by Lara Chapman


Currently Reading:

  • Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
  • Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood (for school)
  • Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty


Did Not Finish:

On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta fell flat for me. I went into it with such high expectations but what I got merely confused me rather than blowing me away. I got to page 108 and it took a huge effort to get that far. There were flashbacks that seemed to have no relevance, I didn't understand the plot line and I felt no connection to the protagonist. I have heard it takes a while for things to make sense but unfortunately I didn't have the stamina to continue. I may pick this up at a later date but there will be no rush.

So that is what I have been reading for the past two months. Definitely not as much as I hoped but nevermind. Have you read anything great this past month? Please share in the comments :)

2 comments:

  1. YOU'RE BACK! :D Yay! PLus you read some awesome books! I loved The Name of the Star and Rockoholic and isn't Anna just amazing! :D Was Please Ignore Vera Dietz any good? People tell me it's awesome! And I'm sad Jellicoe Road fell flat for you.. I still need to read it so I'll bear it in mind ;)
    Hope you had an awesome holiday! If not a really busy one... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M BACK! I definitely read some awesome books. Anna was totally amazing and I really enjoyed The Name of the Star too! I love books set in England. I really enjoyed Please Ignore Vera Dietz.Very sad though. I hope you had a great summer too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...