Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)

Title: Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
Pages: 344
Release Date: May 5th 2011 (UK)
Source: For Review



DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. It introduces a new version of the undead with revenants, beings who are fated to sacrifice themselves over and over again to save others’ lives. Kate finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

DIE FOR ME presents a new supernatural mythology presented in a city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality.



What can I say? I totally loved this book. I have never been an avid fan of paranormal romances. I feel everything is too sudden and just fake. Die For Me felt like a whole new take on the undead.


First of all I loved the concept of the revenants instead of vampires or zombies. It felt very original and I will admit to having no idea what they actually were. I don’t want to give anything away but it was a really interesting take on paranormal.

I liked Kate a lot. I thought she was interesting and despite her parents dying she wasn’t too distraught that she wasn’t able to engage me. Vincent, the love interest was superb. I thought he was mysterious, sexy and yes, French! I was really intrigued by him and his involvement in the revenant world.

The additional characters were good too. I liked Kate’s sister Georgia. I really respected her relationship with her sister. I did find her to be a little irresponsible at times but that can be overlooked. Similar to Twilight there were a collection of revenants at the house where Vincent lived that has been found and saved so to speak. Yes, a little twilightesque but it didn’t bother me. They were all really interesting and brought something interesting to the novel.

The plot was a good pace. I enjoyed it from the beginning as Vincent got me really curious. I got more and more drawn in as the plot went along and I really enjoyed what I was discovering. It is full of action; swordfights, villains, kicking bad guy butt! I enjoyed it immensely.

The ending wasn’t too cliffhanger-y which I liked. It was a nice, simple ending after a climax so I felt it was suitable. I am very excited to read the next instalment which it comes out.

If you want a different kind of paranormal romance then I think this is the book for you! It made me love it all over again!

18 comments:

  1. You're right that the other revenants was Twilightesque. But that's one of the main things I loved about this book. And the Cullens are the main reason I love Twilight. The strong description of supporting characters sets the books apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked DIE FOR ME and the new concept of paranormal being. Usually I enjoy paranormal romances, but D4ME felt different, even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is everywhere I turn at the moment, I'm seriously going to have to get a copy!

    Louise
    www.book-bliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was the only person that couldn't stand this book! Definitely not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still not sure about this book. It seems like a lot of people liked it but I don't lile the idea of the revenants being twilightesque.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a really great book. I'm glad you loved it. Thanks for the fantabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your honest opinion about the novel! I have been wanting to read this for so long and am really looking forward to getting a copy of it as soon as I save up lol! I think I will enjoy this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh l just adore this book! I am the same, l loved Kate =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard about this book many times so I hope that I will read it soon. I´m just worried about the end of the book, but we´ll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super excited about reading this - great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this book :) Great review and glad you enjoyed it :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read so many good reviews about this book, I can't wait to actually sit down and finally read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your review and I loved this book...it can bring to mind Twilight but I think you can really love this book without being a fan of Twilight--I'm really anxious to see what Amy Plum comes up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't actually read this one yet, but I will definitely be giving it a try. I have seen that some people loved it, while others not so much. I have to admit I am rather curious as to what the Revenants actually are, but I also thought they were quite an original idea when I first heard that Die For Me contained Revenants (as opposed to zombies or vampires, like you said). Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not that interested in this book because:

    1) It seems like it'll be too similar to Twilight.
    2) The male lead is named Vincent. I personally dislike the name Vincent. Enough said!

    But thanks for the review anw, I might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the review!
    Indeed the idea of a new paranormal creature is fascinating. Thanks for sharing that the characters are well-written and that the male protagonist is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow .......what can I say about this book ; it's wonderful, actually this is the best that I've ever read....... And I love Vincent spool much. He. Is charming and I like his attitude ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can anybdy give me a real similar books please and thanks before lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...